Friday, December 07, 2012

Casio G-Shock GB6900AA Bluetooth

Slashgear reports: [edited]

Casio has unveiled the Bluetooth-equipped G-Shock GB6900AA series. The watch can be linked to the user’s iPhone via the G-Shock app, allowing the two device to interface with each other in order to provide time syncing, call and email alerts via the watch.

One of this watch’s biggest features is its low energy consumption. It achieves this conservative energy usage via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). The G-Shock uses an ordinary watch battery, which lasts up to 2 years with an average Bluetooth usage of 12 hours per day.

The G-Shock features countdown timer, 1/100th second stopwatch, an LED super illuminator, five daily alarms, a mute feature, world time zones, and is shock/water resistant up to 200 meters. The smart watch is compatible with the iPhone 4S & 5.

Price: $160
------------

2 comments:

Can Opener Boy said...

Following the link, I see no mention of the "VIB" letters n the watch face. I currently wear a Casio "hunter/fisher" model which has a vibrating alarm option. NOt only does it remind me of the hour during the day (I turn it off at night) but it is a more gentle way to wake up...and does not awaken my wife!

It looks as if this G-Shock watch will aslo have a vibrating option?

...too bad I have only the iPhone 4. I'm so yesterday (I can't believe I even admitted to wearing a Casio!)

Brett Jordan said...

i stopped wearing a watch years ago, but this one does make me wonder whether to give it a try...

 
UA-60915116-2