Thursday, August 25, 2011

Steve Jobs resigns


BBC reports: [edited]

Apple founder Steve Jobs has resigned as chief executive of the technology giant and will be replaced by its chief operating officer Tim Cook. The Silicon Valley legend will become chairman of the firm.

In a short letter to the board of Apple, Mr Jobs wrote:

"I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's chief executive, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come. I hereby resign as chief executive of Apple.

"I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role."

- - - - -

Brett's 2p'orth: It will be interesting to see whether this development will bring significant changes within Apple, and to its future stategies. My best guess is no. Steve has been planning his exit since being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004, and will remain actively involved in shaping the vision of the company as long as he is physically and mentally able to.
------------

No comments:

 
UA-60915116-2