Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sennheiser/Adidas PMX 680 headphones


I don't like wearing headphones. However, there are times when they are the only practical way to listen to my iPod/iPhone. To this end I have worked my way through...

Westone 1 (excellent sound quality, disliked the wires)

Motorola S9 (liked the fit, poor sound quality)

Bluetrek (OK fit, average sound quality)

I was happy with the Bluetrek, however my recently purchased iPhone 4 has refused to play nicely with it, resulting in frequent, infuriating cut-outs in the signal transmission. The final straw came half-way through a 6-mile run when the signal died completely.

I saw the PMX 680 on Amazon for £35.00, and decided to give it a try, and am very glad I did.

- The fit is snug and comfortable.

- The sound quality is clear and involving. Not as good as the Westone 1, but much better than the Motorola S9 and Bluetake.

- My main reservation, the wire, is mitigated by the fact that the primary section is very short. When used with the iPhone in my armband it doesn't irritate me at all.

- I haven't used the 'extension/volume control' wire for any amount of time yet, but it works as advertised.
------------

No comments:

 
UA-60915116-2