Friday, May 30, 2008

Audica MPS-1


I got an email from bigpockets.com on Tuesday advertising the Audica MPS-1. I'd read reviews on it before and they were all very positive (if you're interested, just Google 'Audica MPS-1 review'). But at £250 it wasn't an 'impulse buy'. However, the BigPockets offer was (is) £89.99, including delivery. So, I ordered one.

It's broadcasting my iPod's 'audiophile' playlist at the moment, and I am very, very impressed. It doesn't have a sub-woofer, so if you're into dub reggae or you want something that will keep a party going, then the Logitech Z-2300 is probably a better bet. However, the sound quality of the Audica is more natural, involving and plenty loud enough to fill a large room.

I'm not sure how many BigPockets have in stock, but if you're in the market for a sub-£100 iPod amp/speaker combo, this one is worth a look/listen.

Now I've just got to work out who I'm going to give this one to.
------------

No comments:

 
UA-60915116-2